2.17.2010


Parson’s graduates Sophie Buhai and Lisa Maycock of Vena Cava are one of my favorite New York fashion duos. (I also die a little for the irony of my other favorite duo, the lumberjacks who design Costello Tagliapietra). Their show at Milk was a true to their usual style: subtle, ladylike, and cool without being overly trendy.
Some of my favorite elements:
  • The Like performing at the top of the runway providing a live soundtrack
  • The pink, green and purple streaks in the girls ponytails (I can totally see Topshop selling rainbow hairpieces for fall). With all the crazy birdsnest hairdo’s on the runways this is totally rockable, runway to street hair .
  • Vintage inspired accessories, sunglasses and hats
  • Amazing prints [looks 3,5,13] and interesting cuts [looks 10,14, 21] (2 things we can we can always count on Vena Cava for)
  • Lots of Fur

No comments:

Post a Comment