My friend S however, had an absolute 'I want it I need it' moment and almost took the plunge...Thankfully, she came to her senses--no glorified barrette is worth half your rent. This was the perfect opportunity for a little DIY!
Headband (Try any accessories store)
Black leather (Try trim/fabric stores)
Studs, 6 big spikes, 5 flat squares (Try trim stores like M&J)
- Measure the leather so it is the right size to wrap around the entire headband
- Measure and mark where you want the studs to be. Start at the temple with a big spike and alternate with flat square studs.
- Press the studs through the leather. Depending on the thickness of the leather you may need to use pliers.
- Once the studs and spikes are firmly pulled through the leather, wrap the leather around the headband and glue into place.
- Allow the glue to dry overnight.
- Wear it out proudly. Ignore bridge and tunnel creeps who tell you you look like the statue of liberty--they don't know shit.